[blockquote]Thanks to Yanique from www.elopeinparis.com for giving up this excellent insider look into great places in Paris to Elope![/blockquote]
1. Chapelle Expiaroire – Dedicated to Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette the national French moment steeped in neoclassical architecture is a favorite among couples visiting from abroad to marry in the city of love. The chapel located in the center of Paris, in the 8th arrondisement, a stone throw from the famous Galleries Lafayette.
TIP: The garden out front is also great for group photo shoots and the high columns makes for a dramatic entrance photos.
Typically we tell couples that you’ll need to keep in mind that the chapel has no heating in the winter months, so can get a bit chilly and chairs will have to be hired if you have a ceremony with more than just the couple present.
2. Eiffel Tower – The dream of many couples marry in France is to do it in the Eiffel Tower. This is not possible. Yes, you read that right; you cannot marry in the Eiffel Tower.
Tip: It is however possible to have a ceremony close to the Eiffel Tower or even far enough away to have a great view of the Eiffel Tower, such as on the Champs De Mars – great place to also have an after ceremony picnic on the lawns with your guests in the summer time.
Also, there are two restaurants in the Eiffel Tower where you can enjoy a romantic gastronomical meal in celebration, reception of your wedding but that’s about all you can do in the Tower itself.
3. Place Dauphine – This small quaint square is surrounded by some of the most romantic restaurants and a great backdrop of Parisian life passing by.
It’s located on Ile de la Cite and walking distance to the Seine River and hence a logical second stop could be the Love Lock Bridge to place your lock and take some photos.
4. Medici Fountain – A replica of the Pittit Palace in Florence, Marie de’ Medici was mourning the death of her husband King Henry IV and wanted to create a new palace in the Florentine style she was accustomed to in her childhood years. It is located in the beautiful Luxembourg Garden.
Tip: A great place to wed if you’re looking for a fresh outdoor experience that mixes the French and Italian cultures.
5. Musee Rodin – Couples are delighted to have this artistic garden with Rodin’s sculptures and colorful flowers throughout in the backdrop of their photos.
TIP: Next door is the equally scenic Invalids, which also make for great photos.